» Back To Index
The <audio> node
This node loads audio files (*.wav, *.mp3, ...) and plays them.
is the xml tag that defines an audio node.
- filename - [STR255] - name of the audio file. The type of playable audio file depends on the type
of available audio plugin:
- plugin FMOD: allows to play almost all types of audio tracks
- plugin OpenAL: allows to play wave (*.wav) audio tracks
- loop - [BOOLEAN] - enables or disables the loop mode (repeat mode). If this mode is set to "TRUE",
the audio file is continuously played. If this mode is set to "FALSE", the audio file is played only once - default value: TRUE
- name - [STR127] - name of the node. This name will make it possible to refer this node throughout
the XML script.
- play - [BOOLEAN] - enables or disables the reading of the audio file. This state is useful
when you do not wish to start the reading of an audio file from the beginning of the script.
In that case, you just have to set the state to "FALSE".
The reading of the audio file can then be launched by a LUA scripting code. Please refer to the Hyperion/LUA API for more information - default value: TRUE
- group - [STR127] - name of the group where to add the current node. A group makes it possible to
control the behavior of several objects in a unique way.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>
<hyperion version="1.0" >
<scene name="myScene" />
<camera name="myCamera" />
<audio name="bluishbg" filename="mp3/music.mp3"
looping="FALSE" play="TRUE" />